ELH Research Laboratories
Drs. Howard Browman and Anne Berit Skiftesvik: Early life history research, Norwegian Institute of Marine Research
Dr. Jim Cowan: Louisianna State University
Dr. John Dower: Fisheries Oceanography, University of Victoria
Dr. Arild Folkvord: Growth and Survival in the Early Life of Fishes, University of Bergen
Dr. Lee Fuiman: Marine Fish Research Program, University of Texas Marine Science Institute
Dr. Frank Hernandez: Fisheries Oceanography and Ecology Lab, University of Southern Mississippi
Dr. Thomas Miller: Quantitative Fisheries Ecology, Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
Dr. Myron Peck: Institute of Hydrobiology and Fisheries Science, University of Hamburg
Dr. Jim Rice: Dept. of Zoology, North Carolina State University
Dr. Eric Schultz: Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Connecticut
Dr. Dave Secor: Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, University of Maryland
Dr. Iain Suthers: Fisheries Oceanography at the University of New South Wales
Dr. Chris Taggart: Fisheries Oceanography, Dalhousie University
Dr. Tim Targett: College of Marine & Earth Studies, University of Delaware
ELH Resources & Databases
- The Baby Fishes of Canada by Daniel Faber. This is a great introduction to Canadian freshwater and coastal marine fish larvae with general background on various aspects of larval fish biology, especially for the lay public and students.
- Ichthyoplankton Information System by Ann Matarese and Debbie Blood for the Northeast Pacific and Bering Sea.
- Manual for Otolith Removal and Preparation for Microstructural Examination. 1991. D.H Secor, J.M. Dean, and E.H. Laban.
- The Australian Society For Fish Biology
- LarvalBase, a comprehensive picture gallery and information source on larval fishes.
- Larval Fishes from Carrie Bow Cay, Belize, a collection of online color photographs from the Smithsonian.
- Searchable PDF version of Hoyt’s ELH Bibliography
- University of Washington Fish Collection